The Philippine team has won the first Major of the current Dota Pro Circuit season. After securing the final victory, they earned $300,000 of prize money and 4850 DPC points.
TNC started off their showing in Chengdu with matches in Group A. There, they placed first, taking down both Fighting PandaS and EHOME with a 2-0 score. After that, the Filipinos proceeded to the upper bracket of the Playoffs, where they managed to beat Alliance and J.Storm. Their first defeat at the tournament came in the UB final, as they lost to ViCi Gaming with a 0-2 result.
However, it was not the last time when they faced off against ViCi. Later, TNC Predator defeated Invictus Gaming in the decisive game of the lower bracket and advanced to the Grand Final. In this match, they got their revenge on the Chinese team, crushing them 3-1 in the Best of 5 series.
Final results of MDL Chengdu Major 2019:
- 1. TNC Predator ($300,000 and 4850 DPC points)
- 2. ViCi Gaming ($160,000 and 3000)
- 3. Invictus Gaming ($110,000 and 2100)
- 4. Evil Geniuses ($80,000 and 1350)
- 5-6. Team Liquid, J.Storm ($60,000 and 900 each)
- 7-8. Alliance, beastcoast ($40,000 and 450 each)
- 9-12. EHOME, Team Aster, FNATIC, Fighting PandaS ($25,000 and 150 each)
- 13-16. Team Spirit, Gambit Esports, Team Unknown, Team Adroit ($12,500 and 100 each)
DreamLeague Season 13 is the next Major in the DPC schedule, and it will be held in Leipzig (Germany) on January 18-26. The qualifying stage for this event is set to kick off on November 28. One of the spots to the DreamHack Major will be played off at WePlay! Bukovel Minor 2020.
Recently, it has been revealed who will host the third Major of the new Dota Pro Circuit season. It is scheduled for March 15-22, and ESL will be its organizer. The championship will take place in Los-Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium.