The first international CSGO event in 2020, DreamHack Open Leipzig, has kicked off. It is taking place in the exhibition complex Leipziger Messe from 24 to 26 January. uWatch has gathered all important information about this tournament, which includes a list of participants, match schedule, and prize pool distribution.
Taking part in this championship will be eight teams, four of which received direct invitations: Virtus.pro, Renegades, BIG, and the reigning champions of DH Open - North, who recently announced the addition of Mathias "MSL" Lauridsen. He became their captain and replaced Jakob "JUGi" Hansen.
Other spots were played off in the regional qualifiers. Sprout earned their ticket due to winning a local tournament, ESL Meisterschaft Winter. Cloud9 prevailed in the NA qualification, whilst MAD Lions and Heroic made it through the EU division.
The team list and group stage draw
According to the draw, the Kazakhstani team of Virtus.pro found themselves in the same group with BIG, C9, and Renegades. In another quartet, in its turn, three squads from Denmark were drawn, and those are North, Heroic, and MAD Lions. There, they will be up against the European roster of Sprout.
The tournament will begin with matches of the group stage, where the organizers plan to use the GSL system. When it’s over, four winners will be determined, and they will consequently move on to the Playoffs. There, they are set to compete in the bracket of Single Elimination, with the final series being Best of 3.
Schedule of matches
CET is stated
- 11:00 — Virtus.pro 8-16 BIG | Inferno
- 12:30 — North 16-4 Sprout | Dust2
- 14:00 — Cloud9 10-16 Renegades | Overpass
- 15:30 — Heroic 10-16 MAD Lions | Dust2
- 17:00 — BIG 16-8 Renegades | Nuke | Winners Match | Group A
- 18:30 — North 10-16 MAD Lions | Mirage | Winners Match | Group B
- 11:00 — Virtus.pro 0-2 Cloud9 | Elimination Match | Group A
- 14:00 — Sprout 0-2 Heroic | Elimination Match | Group B
- 17:00 — Renegades 2-0 Cloud9 | Decider Match | Group A
- 20:00 — North 1-2 Heroic | Decider Match | Group B
- 10:00 — MAD Lions 1-2 Renegades | Semifinals
- 13:00 — BIG 2-0 Heroic | Semifinals
- 17:00 — Renegades 0-2 BIG | Grand-final
You can watch the DreamHack Open Leipzig 2020 matches on our website, which has the special event’s page. There, you will find a video player with the official stream, relevant schedule and results, and team statistics.
Hosting the English broadcast will be FACEIT’s Freya Spiers, who will be joined by Christine "potter" Chi and Mathieu "Maniac" Quiquerez on the analyst desk. The list of commentators can be found below:
- Conner "Scrawny" Girvan
- Mohan "launders" Govindasamy
- Jacob "Pimp" Winneche
- Vince "Vince" Hill
Participants of the Leipzig event will share a prize fund of $100,000. The eventual champion of this tournament will be awarded by a $50,000 cheque and a spot at DreamHack Masters Jönköping 2020.
- 1. BIG ($50,000)
- 2. Renegades ($20,000)
- 3-4. MAD Lions, Heroic ($10,000 each)
- 5-6. Cloud9, North ($3,000 each)
- 7-8. Virtus.pro, Sprout ($2,000 each)
The previous DH Open competition in CSGO was held on December 13-15 in Sevilla, Spain, and as we mentioned before, first place there was taken by the Danish team of North. In the final match, they took down the European squad CR4ZY with a 2-1 score. Markus "Kjaerbye" Kjærbye turned out to be their most valuable player, as he scored a 1.22 HLTV KDR in 10 maps.